Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Come Play: Name that volunteer!


I met                      at the church on Saturday morning… I lost the piece of paper with her name!  Eeek!  I do remember that she was from Elgin, Illinois, and that she came with a group to serve for several days in Joplin and they found themselves at Abundant Life.  The story goes their church youth group was on a mission trip when the youth pastor felt it heavy on his heart that they needed to keep on keepin on and make their way to Joplin.
This volunteer was sporting an awesome shirt...




...and an awesome attitude as she bustled about doing any task that needed to be done.  I asked her if she could share with me a little something that God has done in her life and she barely stopped moving as she quickly looked me in the eyes and said, “Without Jesus there is nothing.  He is everything....I don't know what more to say then that.” And off she went!  She didn't need to say more...she said it all!
The volunteers keep coming in groups to help out in the tremendous HEAT.  Today it reached a scorching 100 degrees.  We are in a heat wave people!
Let’s pray for some cooler temperatures.
Lord I praise you and I thank you for everyone that you have sent to minister to the community and that you brought them to us at Abundant Life so that we can bless them and be blessed by them.  You see our great need God.  The tornado destroyed so much, and we are working hard to clean this place up.  We want to bring glory to your name for the good work that we are doing.  We put our hands to this effort daily and we pray that you bless all that we do.  We pray that you will help us to stay motivated and on task.  Not distracted by details, but that we give each day our best effort and that each day we have an opportunity to be a witness.  I pray that we will shine so BRIGHT for you!  I also pray for cooler temperatures that will even baffle the local weatherman.  I pray for a nice 80 degree weather trend. You are amazing, and we love you so much.  Bless the unnamed volunteer, and all that came from Elgin, Illinois.  Bless all that have come through Abundant Life, and all that will come.  I pray that this will be an experience that will make fresh their relationship with you.
Have a great week folks!  We love ya!
Ronda