Wednesday, July 13, 2011

...come meet Esteban! from Minden, Louisiana



Tonight I walked up to Libby and I said, I need a volunteer.  She looked around and held her hands up as if to say...'take your pick.'  So I clarified, and asked her to point me in the direction of one that really stands out.

See didn't waste time.  She told me to head over to a table where a group of youth were playing cards and to ask for Esteban.  So that is what I did.

He looked scared at first.  I am a stranger, I have a camera, I am asking him if I can take his picture and ask him a few questions... Really am I that scary?!?  Come on now.

I asked him the usual, 'where are you from?', 'why are you here?', that sort of thing.  He is from Minden, Louisiana, and he is here to help.  Thank you Esteban for coming to help.  We are very happy to have you.
Then I asked him, "can you tell me something that God has done in your life you would like to share?"

That is when I met Esteban.  He brushed the hair out of his eyes and with a passion he told me of his mother got sick, and going downhill fast.  He and his sister were devastated.  She was everything to them.  He was eight when this happened. She had serious illness and diabetes complicated the matter.  "But God healed her, she got healed," he told me.  He said he got saved when he was 8...and that his mother got healed when he was 10.  He said that she has been perfect ever since.

I wish you could have seen his eyes as he told this story.  I thanked him for sharing with me, and I praised God that I got to meet Esteban, and that his mother was healed, and that Esteban is saved.


God we give you all the glory, all the honor, and all the praise for healing Esteban's mother and for his tremendous testimony of your desire to make us whole.  To heal sickness, and to save the lost.
Thank you Lord for sending help, and for answering our prayers for a cooler day.  AMEN!

~Love you guys!  Have a great week!

Ronda